About Indiana State Fair Ticket Sales
Volunteers are needed to work for the Indiana Lions Foundation as ticket sellers and ticket scanners at the Indiana State Fair, August 3-19 in Indianapolis. This is the Foundation’s largest fundraiser and the proceeds are used to provide grants to Lions Clubs throughout the state of Indiana. If you haven’t worked at the Indiana State Fair in a while, you might be pleasantly surprised at the changes that have been implemented in recent years. Most jobs can be done while sitting and some are in air-conditioned ticket booths. The checkout process for tickets sellers has been streamlined.
Open shifts are listed at the bottom of this page.
Get a flavor of the work by Watching videos of Lions working at the State Fair on our YouTube channel.
- 1st shift (Days) workers to clock in by 7:30AM – shift ends at 3:00PM.
- 2nd shift (Nights) workers to clock in by 1:30PM – shift ends at 9:00PM – 9:30PM.
Required Liability Waiver
Everyone who works for the State Fair must have a completed and signed liability waiver. Please download, complete, and bring it with you. Copies will be available at the fair, if needed.
- Khaki/tan pants, shorts or skirts.
- Lions shirts are acceptable. White Tee Shirts are also acceptable.
- We are asked to wear caps.
- Lions safety vests are to be worn by all workers outside of buildings.
- If you have the orange state fair tee shirts & caps from previous years they are acceptable.
- All workers are asked to park in the State Fair Employees parking lot off 46th street and ride the shuttle bus to the staging area near the public safety office.
- Click here for detailed parking information, including parking shuttle bus route maps.
- Please sign in with the Lions before you proceed to your gate in order to be sure you receive credit for your work.
Suggested Training Course
The Indiana State Fair Commission suggests that everyone who works at the fairgrounds should complete their ASK (Awareness * Service * Knowledge) Training course. The optional course takes approximately 20-30 minutes to complete.
- Please remember that as soon as you clock in you are an employee of the Indiana State Fair and no longer a volunteer for the Lions Foundation.
- If you cannot come in at your scheduled time for any reason, please let us know as soon as you know!
Lions State Fair Committee Contacts
If you have questions, please call the members of the committee listed below:
|PDG Bob Howard||260-243-0678|
|PCC Bob Booher||317-435-0139|
|Lion Rose Russell||574-250-0125|
|PDG Don Cooper||260-615-5350|
Date: August 7, 2018